Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ellie Birth 5-23-11


Our little Ellie was born on May 23, 2011. I was questioning whether or not I should go in and get checked to see if I was in labor. The week before I was having contractions and I was just dehydrated. I had been having contractions all weekend and finally called sunday night and the nurse told me to take tylenol and take a hot bath. The contractions went away. The next morning they came back. So I called labor and delivery and told them I needed to have antibiotics before. So just to make sure Sloan and I dropped kids off at my sisters house and headed to Jordan Valley Hospital. We got there at 12:30 and I was at a 4. I was having contractions but when they checked an hour later I was still at a 4. I started crying to nurse to not send me home cuz I was having contractions and I didn't want to come back and have it be too late. So she had us walk the halls for an hour. By the time we were done I could barely walk they hurt so bad. Thank goodness I was at a 5. So they admitted me and gave me pitocin. Shortly after that I got the "GOOD STUFF"!!! I love the anticipation of not knowing what sex the baby is. We were hoping for a boy to even out the playing field. I was so excited when the doctor said, "It's a girl!!!" Its a good thing because we hadn't decided on a boy name. She was born at 9:30 pm.

I had to have a little oxygen to help the little baby out!!
She was covered in so much "white stuff" because she was born at 36 weeks 4 days. She was my earliest. All my kids have been one week earlier than the one before. I joked about having this baby 4 weeks early and who knew I would.

The kids were loving on her so much.
Its amazing the love you feel for your little baby the moment they are born.
Sloan loving on his 3rd little girl!!

2 comments:

The Sohm's said...

It's about time you updated it!

Holly Strong said...

Just in time to update her 1st birthday. Okay, not THAT bad, but close. LOL She is a cutie, we love Ellie.